Egerton House entrance
The corridors creak with racing history at Egerton Stud. Egerton Stud is The Main House of Egerton House Stables, located in Newmarket, home of horse racing. In the mid-19th century, it was first leased to royal trainer Richard Marsh, and has been the home of many champions and stallions, such as Persimmon, owned by the Prince of Wales. The Prince of Wales was a regular guest at Egerton, as was his friend, Lily Langtry, who owned a successful racing stable nearby. In 1925, the estate was sold to Henry Lascelles, the 6th Earl of Harewood, who was married to Princess Mary, daughter of King George V. Egerton Stud can be found at Egerton House Stables, Cambridge Road, CB8 0TH, Newmarket.